This week I flew to LA to spend a day with my boyfriend and his family, and then he and I drove out to school for the start of classes. As I figure out which ones I want to keep and which to drop (I’m thinking those 9ams are going to have to go…) I also, albeit belatedly, have been thinking about what else I want to try in 2011. I guess you could say these are “resolutions,” but I prefer to think of them as goals? Anyway, I decided that looking at pictures is just so much for fun and visceral than reading lengthy rants, so here’s a little collage featuring my new year’s resolutions. I’ll be checking in on them periodically here on my blog so you can follow how well I’m doing :) Also, if I write them down and display them publicly maybe that will motivate me to stay on top of everything!
1. Actually make it to the Rec Center this semester. Seriously, my university has one of the newest, nicest gyms in the nation and I’ve never even set foot in the thing. Whoopsies. I’m going to pay for a cardio and a yoga class up front so I’ll feel guilty about wasting money if I don’t go.
2. Order dessert more often. This goes hand in hand with the working out resolution.
3. Continue learning how to cook. (Moving out of dorms + brand new townhouse = beautiful kitchen… and I don’t think my roommates realize anything exists in that part of the house other than the refrigerator, so, it’s all mine.)
4. Splurge on something luxurious I’ve always wanted, I’ll enjoy it more now than I would waiting until later. Some contenders: Tory Burch ballet flats, a Longchamp totebag, and Tiffany’s pearl earrings. Also shown, Chanel handbag, but that’s in the “yeah, in your dreams” category.
5. Add more plants and flowers to the house.
6. Visit somewhere I’ve never been before. My boyfriend and I were contemplating a Grand Canyon trip this month but in light of recent blizzards in the area we have decided to hold off.
7. Give my closet (and every other collection of possessions) a major overhaul and downsize. I hope to give a lot of things (clothes, school supplies, canned goods) to charity this year.
8. Volunteer regularly with an organization that’s very meaningful to me. (I promise to work harder on this one when I finalize my class schedule.)
9. Keep my new camera and moleskine notebook handy at all times so I can remember everything instead of making a mental note to write things down later.
10. Make more handmade gifts.
11. Find time to light candles and take bubble baths as much I did in high school.
12. Drink more tea.
13. Find an awesome summer internship.
14. Floss every day.
I think that’s it for now… anything special or unique you want to try this year?