So I already told you in my previous post how I’ll be exploring my love of fashion during SXSW, but here are some of the bands, films, and restaurants on my must-list while I’m home exploring Austin for the week!
- Wednesday: Rooney at Barbarella Patio
- Thursday (and also playing Friday): Cold War Kids at Lustre Pearl
- Friday: Shwayze at the Phoenix
And of course that’s just a little taste. I’m also excited to see Benny Benassi, DeVotchka, G Love, The Strokes, and many many others on my crowded grid.
- Girl Walks Into A Bar– About a group of strangers whose stories intersect over the course of one night in Los Angeles, starring Zachary Quinto, Rosario Dawson, Josh Hartnett, and Danny DeVito.
- The Greatest Movie Ever Sold- By the same documentary filmmaker as Supersize Me! This movie chronicles the rise of product placement in modern media and film.
By far the number one thing I miss about Austin, here are my favorite 3 restaurants I can’t wait to dine in again.
- Hopdoddy- an upscale burger bar on South Congress which specializes in unusual offerings such as the ahi tuna burger and the Janis Joplin hemp burger. The soda fountain also contains only local sodas like Maine Root Beer and Maine Root Cactus Lemonade.
- Magnolia Cafe- My favorite restaurant, I love that it’s open 24 hours and will serve me many a fine meal after late concerts next week. Basically the best everything, especially well known for their migas, pancakes, and bison burgers.
- Hula Hut- Traditional Austin Tex-Mex with a little Hawaiian/seafood flair. I always get the coconut shrimp tacos. They might possibly also have the best pico in the state of Texas.
Man that last bit made me hungry! Will you be attending SXSW this year? What’s on your must-list?