Unfortunately I don’t know the original source of this, but I’ve seen it floating around Pinterest recently and I couldn’t think of anything more indicative of how much I have in my life to be thankful for this holiday season (and all of the time, really.) I’m so happy to have a life where I am able to come home from college (and GO to college) and spend time with my family (who love me and support me 100% of the time.) And now before I get too sentimental and mushy, here are nine (more) things to be thankful for on this national day of Thanksgiving :)
I am thankful for…
- The taxes I pay because it means I have income.
- The clothes that are a little too tight because it means I have food to eat.
- My shadow who follows me because it means I am outside in the sunshine.
- A lawn that needs to be mowed, windows that need to be washed, and gutters that need to be cleaned because it means there is a roof over my head.
- The spot I find on the farthest end of the parking lot because it means I am able to walk.
- All of the different opinions I hear regarding our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- The person around me who sings off-key, because it means I have ears that can hear.
- The various piles of things around the living room because it means my loved ones are near me.
- The alarm that wakes me up in the morning because it means that I am alive.